Feature by feature
- Run proof build to test changes on server before commit or push.
- Run builds concurrently to get fast feedback.
- Run builds upon commit, use a schedule, or upon dependency finish.
- Report build progress and log in real time.
- Monitor/trigger build and receive build notifications through tray monitor without opening browser.
- Send failure notifications to committed users to ensure responsibility.
- Comparable and customizable statistics chart of key performance indicators.
- Build auto cleanup strategy to reduce disk space usage.
- Push commits to different build and deployment stages via pipeline.
- Be able to mark a good build as recommended to make it stand out of other builds.
- Flexible build promotions to implement user defined actions such as release, deploy, etc.
- Keep track of each deployment in form of deployment builds, and can roll back to any previous deployment.
- Compare different QA builds, release builds or deployment builds to get source changes.
- Access build artifacts and project documents.
Build Setup and Workflow Design
- Organize projects hierarchically for easy management and navigation.
- Reuse build workflows between projects through inheritance and achieve workflow diversity by using variables.
- Design complex build workflow visually, with drag and drop support.
- Repeat execution of steps, either sequentially or parallelly.
- Flexible version strategy for QA and release builds.
- Transitive build dependency support and artifacts resolving.
- Parameterized manual build with customizable option screen.
Build Grid and Cloud Integration
- Scale to support massive builds simply by adding more nodes.
- Run steps of a single build parallelly on multiple nodes to accelerate build speed.
- Flexible node selection mechanism to enable build step running on one or more compatible nodes, with load balancing.
- Resource management to reflect capability of the grid.
- Partition the grid between different departments/projects.
- Optionally store artifacts on agents to reduce server load.
- Launch on-demand node into cloud environment including AWS, Azure and Kubernetes.
- Key performance indicators to keep track of server and grid health.
- Auto-update agents when server is upgraded.
Build Notification and System Alert
- Subscribe to interesting configurations to get build notifications.
- Forcibly send build notifications to group of users.
- Customizable build notify conditions and message templates.
- Generate system alerts under specified contions and notify relevant users.
- Support to notify through: RSS, Email, MSN Messenger, Google Talk, Jabber, and the cross-platform tray monitor.
- Flexible checkout strategy, either from server, or from agents.
- View/diff build changes by commits or files.
- Quiet period support to reduce the risk of triggering build against partial work.
- Exclude certain directories/files when detect changes from SCM.
- Optionally label source code as part of build workflow.
- Verify GitHub pull requests and Gerrit changes.
- User and file activities in SCM.
- Supported SCM systems: Subversion, CVS, Perforce, ClearCase, StarTeam, Visual SourceSafe, Accurev, Git, Mercurial, Bazaar, Team Foundation Server, and Google Repo.
Issue Tracker Integration
- Transform issue keys in SCM commit messages into issue links.
- An issue panel to display all resolved and related issues of a build.
- Create/assign issues under certain conditions during build.
- Manage build versions either at issue tracker side, or at QuickBuild side.
- Update issue status based on issue commands in SCM commit messages.
- Update relevant issue fields to reflect fixed build.
- View related SCM changes and builds for selected issues or projects at issue tracker side.
- Currently supports JIRA, Trac, Bugzilla, CollabNet TeamForge, and Redmine.
Test Reporting and Trending
- Test results at a glance in build overview page.
- Access details of failed tests, with the ability to find out who broke the tests.
- Analyze and group test results by packages, test suites, namespaces, and more...
- Statistics of the test results
- Analyze history data of test results to know which tests failed often, which tests spent more time, and more.
- Native support for mainstream unit tools including JUnit, TestNG, NUnit, MBUnit, MSTest, Boottest, together with a XUnit format to support any other unit test frameworks with minimum effort.
Code Quality Reporting and Trending
- Native support for mainstream code inspection and coverage tools, including checkstyle, findbugs, emma, pmd, and cobertura.
- Code quality at a glance in build overview page.
- Analyze the inspection, coverage results to find code problems quickly and easily.
- Display source code in QuickBuild with detected problems marked.
- Generate statistics chart for inspection/coverage results.
- Analyze history data of inspection/coverage results to know which files/classes causing most of the problems.
Customizable User Dashboards
- Select layout and add gadgets to organize build information.
- Edit and copy existing dashboard.
- Share dashboards to groups or specified users.
- Public dashboard for anonymous users.
Security and Access Control
- SSL support and IP address binding.
- Role based security and per-project access control.
- Optional anonymous access and user self-registering.
- LDAP and Active Directory integration.
- Single sign-on support.
- Audit of user activities.
Built-in Build Tools
- Apache Ant
- Apache Maven
- Visual Studio solution and project builder
- NAnt (used to build .NET projects)
- Rake (used to build Ruby projects)
- Any other command line based build tools.
Extensibility and Customization
- QuickBuild can be extended to support new SCM systems, issue trackers, steps, reports, statistics, notifiers and authentication systems with custom plugins.
- External system can operate QuickBuild programmatically via the RESTful API.